[AZ-Observing] The LXD's

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:10:39 -0800

I do not know what to expect in image quality from an f/4 LXD
Schmidt-Newtonian. I have read, for example, that coma is about half
that of a Newtonian, but I do not know what half would look like in an
actual field of view. Probably the best way to find out if mine is
performing as expected is to get together with other owners of LXD's and
see how their system performs. If there are any other owners of LXD's
that may be at some future star party please let me know and I will try
to attend. I plan on being at the 5 Mile Meadow this Saturday.
Stan