[AZ-Observing] Re: The Gorgeous Triple Conjunction this morning!

  • From: Andrew Cooper <acooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:13:28 -0700

Thanks for the sketch Jeremy! And Sam for the photo!

I did manage to drag myself out of bed despite a company Christmas party
and more margaritas than I usually drink. It was also a binocular
affair, from my roof looking over the shoulder of the Rincon Mts. and
the same cloud bands Sam mentions. The 12x36 Canon IS provide a pretty
good view, complete with Jovian cloud bands and moons. Very pretty, just
as you drew it. This makes my second triple (three in the same field of
view).

Andrew

Andrew Cooper