[AZ-Observing] Re: The Gorgeous Triple Conjunction this morning!

  • From: Jeremy Perez <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 16:49:42 -0700

Great shot, Chris. The trapezium arrangement you captured is very
pleasing.

I prepared color sketch of the conjunction this morning with my 10 x
50s (DEC 10, 2006 13:40 UT).

http://www.perezmedia.net/beltofvenus/archives/000626.html

Color in the planets was rather subtle against the dawn, but it was
still an enjoyable sight. Mars and Beta Scorpii weren't apparent to
me naked eye, but all showed up nicely in the binoculars. Europa, and
I Ganymede (I think) were just visible against the brightening sky.
Callisto and Io eluded me, and would have probably revealed
themselves if I had gotten up in time to mount the binoculars on a
tripod. Mercury is a fast mover, and it's been interesting to compare
photos from other observers that caught it just a few hours before
and after I did. I'm looking forward to any other photos that were
snagged this morning!

Take care,
Jeremy
Flagstaff