[AZ-Observing] Re: The Eclipse before the storm

  • From: "Jimmy Ray" <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 20:25:06 -0700

That "lucky" corridor fortunately stretched all the way down to the
Arrowhead area. I was able to capture a number of good images before, during
and after totality with my Canon Xti mated up to the diminutive Orion 80mm
Short Tube. Earlier in the eclipse I stopped by Al Stiewing's house to pay
for some goodies I bought.  There he and I spent a few moments looking at
glimpses of the Moon through the clouds using his very nice Orion 100mm ED,
which he had set up in the driveway. I don't know if he was fortunate enough
to have it clear during totality as his place is a mile and a half further
south (Al?). Overall I had a great seat for the show and as that was ending
was treated to a tremendous thunderstorm, as were most all of you...

Jimmy Ray