[AZ-Observing] Re: The Crab Nebula - Enhanced Hydrogen Comparison

  • From: "Richard Harshaw" <rharshaw2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:45:42 -0700

Ditto, Joe.

Richard Harshaw
Cave Creek, AZ

-----Original Message-----
From: az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Bergeron
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 9:42 AM
To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AZ-Observing] Re: The Crab Nebula - Enhanced Hydrogen Comparison

Just thought I'd mention...when I clicked on this link I got a malware
warning from Google for your site.

Not sure when Google got into the business of vetting websites for
safety without my asking it to...

On Jan 22, 2009, at 10:23 AM, Chris Schur wrote:

> HI all,
>
> I present to you here the best shot Ive taken so far with my 12.5"
> newt of the crab, M1.  The last time I shot this was when I had my
> ST7E, a long time ago. As you know, the crab nebula is basically a
> continuum in the core, surrounded by the emission filamentary
> structure.  This is much like a spiral galaxy, so I applied my
> enhanced hydrogen technique normally used on galaxies to this
> enigmatic object with great success.  As usual, I spent a great deal
> of care making sure that the final colors are as true as possible to
> the original calibrated RGB colors.  The results bring out the
> lovely blue halo that rims the outside of the filaments as well.  I
> hope you enjoy this image as much as I did producing it:
>
> http://www.schursastrophotography.com/ccdimagepages/m1-4.html
>
> Comments?
> Chris

> please

Joe Bergeron

Fellow, International Association of Astronomical Artists

http://www.joebergeron.com