[AZ-Observing] Thank God, Antares is back

  • From: "Paul Lind" <pulind@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 20:28:33 -0700

The reappearance of Antares from behind the moon was ok, but not spectacular.
Gail and I both watched using 6" and 8" dobs, both at 55X.  (Driven scopes at
high power would have been better). The event was far from ideal.  The moon was
nearly full and Antares emerged on the bright limb.  Plus, the limb was a wavy
mess since it we only 7 degrees above the horizon.   For us, the best part was
when a jet transited the moon.  - Paul