[AZ-Observing] Texas Star Party

  • From: <kengsikes@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 9:39:00 -0400

Last night was not a very productive night for me at the TSP.  I set up my
scope just before dark only to find that I setup near an ant hill. Usually ants
do not come out at night ...right well it seems that Texas ants don't know
that, out they came. When I realized what had happened Kyle and I started to
move the equipment. I had unplugged everything...or so I thought I had left the
power plug at the scope plugged in. Well when I lifted the battery to move it I
pulled the end off of the cable. OK no problem as I always carry extra
cables,guess what I could not find the extra power cable, so today I will
repair it and try again tonight.

I did take some SQM readings last night and got a 21.61 at 10:30 and a 21.71 at
11:30, so the skies are fairly dark here at the TSP where I am at....in a fruit
orchard looking between trees ...oh did I mention the hwy is only 500 feet away
and quite a few cars travel it at night.

Internet service is good here, just no cell phone service

More latter

Ken Sikes