[AZ-Observing] Re: Telrad stellar limit

  • From: ketelsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:40:01 -0700 (MST)

Hi AJ-

When you use the finder, do you close the unused eye?  That is when it is
awkward for me.  If you keep both eyes open, particularly on a bright
object, align the magnified and unmagnified view, and viola - it is in the
scope!  You don't even need crosshairs in the finder, at least if it is
aligned using that technique.  That way, you get the convenience of the
Telerad and the magnification of the finder.  Of course, if you have one
of those acursed right angle diagonals on your finder, you get what you
deserve!

-Dean