[AZ-Observing] Re: Supernova in M74

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 12:35:29 -0700

I'll side with Joe. Those who did catch M74 that night saw very very
little of this glorious galaxy and had to take anything they could get.
If there was a blazer actually in M74 serving as a handy marker, that
would be considered the luck of the draw and a lot more could have and
would have checked that one off. M74 is a fine object in its own right.
I hope the many Marathoners do eventually get a good look at it higher
in the sky some time rather than the usual dismal view at the horizon.

Jack Jones
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Public Events
Lunar List Awards and