[AZ-Observing] Re: Supernova in M74

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:27:02 -0800

What I said below assumes you know for sure you are looking at M74. What if you
were off on your coordinates or somehow got confused (which can happen in the
middle of the night) and you were not looking at a supernova but instead of an
undiscovered comet passing over or by an ordinary star. Then you would miss
putting
you name to the comet because you assumed the indefinite fuzzy fragments you saw
were parts of M74.
Stan