[AZ-Observing] Re: Supernova in M 65

  • From: Mike Wiles <mikewilesaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 09:51:28 -0700

At San Pedro Valley Observatory last night Wayne Johnson stopped in to say
hello just as we were finishing the final configurations of the telescope.
Indeed I was in the process of calibrating the autoguider when he mentioned
that there had been a supernova in M65.  At his behest, I gladly made it
the first frame captured with the ED152 from the remote observatory.
Despite the moonlight and only a single exposure of 5 minutes - the scope
did manage to pull it out of the bright background.  It's not a pretty
picture by any means, but it is first light - and it's a pretty cool object
to start with.
http://www.astrobin.com/37025/

Mike