[AZ-Observing] Sun on Sunday

  • From: "J. D MADDY" <maddy0485@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 11:46:33 -0700

I know the football games are on today, but grab your solar scope at half time
and have a look at the Sun. There is a large spot and it is surrounded by
several groups. The larger spot looks like Pac Man. The larger spot I measured
at just under 40K miles across in visual. It was over 41K miles in CaK and a
mere 20K miles in Ha.
Now, back to the game.

JD Maddy
Clarkdale, AZ