[AZ-Observing] Subject: praying for some help - taking pictures of stars

  • From: "Dan Heim" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "AZ Observing" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 07:09:13 -0700

Stan / Storm,
If it makes no difference who takes the pictures, why not just use available
online color images of the stars.  They are grouped by constellation at this
website.  See:

http://www.allthesky.com/constellations/orion/constell.html

for a nice shot of Orion (that covers 4 of the 11 stars).  It will take a
little "photoshopping" to extract the individual star images from the
constellation photos, but then the B-G values would be accessible.  Good
luck with your project.

Dan Heim
President
Desert Foothills Astronomy Club