[AZ-Observing] Streetlight Editorial

  • From: "William R Wood" <wrwood2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:35:34 -0700

The AZ Republic has an editorial today supporting more streetlights in
Scottsdale:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/northeastvalleyopinions/

They solicit opinions by email.  I sent them a note with my
opinion that streetlights should be controlled to reduce light pollution,
light trespass, energy waste, and dangerous glare.  I referred them to
darksky.org for more information.  The editorial refers to people who like
dark skies as "reclusive Scottsdale residents" and streetlights as "beacons
of safety".  Hmmmm.

Maybe some of you would like to send them a note too.  Their email address
is: ne.letters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Regards,

Bill Wood
Fountain Hills, AZ