[AZ-Observing] Storming up north, again

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Org, Az-Observing@Freelists." <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 13:39:42 -0700

Howdy all;

I just wanted to let folks know that there are lots of very dark clouds
around and some distant thunder as I write this on Monday at 1:30PM.  I
have had several folks say that they are considering coming up to Fred's
Meadow for New Moon in August.  I have seen many a Monsoon season in 38
years in Arizona and this is still a powerful one.  If all you want to
do is get cooled off and maybe look between clouds for a while, then you
could have a fun trip.  You might at least wait until Thursday or Friday
to see if you are going to catch a dry spell.  Do bring a sturdy cover
for your scope.

As I am typing this, there is hail coming down.  Small stones, but loud
in the RV.  So, I am going to stop now and shut down and unplug the
computer.  See ya for September.

Steve Coe