[AZ-Observing] Steve's new scope (repost)

  • From: gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 07:24:55 -0700

THX for posting some details on your new setup, Steve.  I am interested
in knowing more about the 80mm scope.  (And the 6 inch refractor, AND
the mount, as well.)  I saw Beevo's new Meade 80mm AP scope up at Stan
Gorodenski's, and think I may try to get one, so I am interested in
comparisons.  There seems to be a lot of new equipment in that size
lately.  Also there has been ongoing discussion about the merits (or
lack thereof) of the various Chinese scopes, APO vs. doublets, etc. etc.
(Don't wanna get any arguments going here about all THAT!, haha)
I think the 80 mm size would make a nice portable scope (with an
appropriate mount, of course) plus a good "piggyback" scope for photos
and/or guiding of the main scope (10 inch LX200 in my case...)
Hope to hear more at the meeting on Friday....
Cheers,
Gene Lucas
(17250)
Note:  I had to repost this one -- again -- da net nanny got me for
forgetting to trim off Steve's original...darn!

Steve Coe wrote:
Howdy all;
Well, I have a new scope and I am very pleased.