[AZ-Observing] Re: Steve Coe's Hockey Pucks

  • From: gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:23:13 -0700

Steve Coe wrote:

>Gene;
>
>Yes, they make a tremendous difference on solid ground.  I would like
>them to come with a voice activated system that has them say "hey, what
>about us" as I am packing the car up.  Probably cost too much.
>
>Steve

I guess I need to take a closer look at those.  I was pretty skeptical
as to whether or not they were effective.
I do know that Meade added rubber crutch tips to the legs on their field
tripods the second year that the 8 inch 2080 SCT was sold (hmmmm....
over 20 yeras ago!), and so I replaced the original solid metal caps on
my 2080 field tripod, and it did make a difference.
Gene Lucas
(17250)