[AZ-Observing] Steve Coe in Oregon

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "az-observing@fre" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:20:07 -0400 (EDT)

Howdy all;

Well, the Oregon Star Party was a real ball.  Something like 700 people.
I met lots of folks who I have only chatted with electronically and made
several new friends.  One who does not own a computer--how could you live?

We had excellent weather, I only got really clouded out one night out of
nine and two night were very good, I rated them at 7 out of 10 for
transparency.  We had several periods of excellent seeing, I split doubles
of one arc second!  Also, some excellent viewing of Jupiter at high power.

Right now I am in LaPine, Oregon.  There is a public observatory at nearby
Sun River.  I am going to visit with the folks who run it, I observed with
them at the OSP.  After an evening or two of looking through their scopes,
I will start south.

I plan to be in Arizona by the second week in September, are we going to 5
Mile Meadow?

I can put together a presentation for the Holiday Party is someone has
stepped up and plans to host it.

See ya;
Steve Coe