[AZ-Observing] Star Party On Ice?

  • From: "Tom Polakis" <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:19:48 -0700

There has been some discussion among the SAC Board about the potential
liability issue at star parties.  And it is understandable, considering
folks are climbing ladders and dodging thorny succulents in the dark.
Take a look at the picture from an Astronomers of Verde Valley public star
party about one-third of the way down this page.

http://www.astroverde.jaspernet.com/news.htm

Please tell me it's *roller* hockey they play on this rink.  I am eagerly
awaiting a reply from JD Maddy on this one.

Tom