[AZ-Observing] Re: Star Atlas / Charting Software

  • From: "Chris Hanrahan" <chris.hanrahan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 20:29:48 -0700

Jimmy,
Like Jack, I also use SkyTools 2.0.  It's not the most intuitive software
program on the planet but it's very functional.  It will easily go down to
Vmag 16.  I plan my outings and store all my observations within it.
As Jack indicated, the "interactive atlas" is a great feature.  I've yet to
run across an object that wasn't in there.  Oh, I take that
back...Gyulbudaghian's Nebula isn't in there...but that's about the only
object I've run into...so far.
Contact me off-list if you'd like me to put together some screenshots of
specific funtions for you to review.
Chris Hanrahan
Surprise, AZ