[AZ-Observing] Re: Star Atlas / Charting Software

  • From: Jack Jones <telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 20:13:49 -0700

I use MegaStar for my sky chart and SkyTools to keep track of
everything. SkyTools 2 has a powerful sky chart in it that no one seems
to know is there, called the "interactive sky atlas". It's a huge
database, as comprehensive as any other starchart mapping software, and
has all the catalogs in depth. It's linked to the SkyTools sorting and
listing functions so it may be all you need. They are coming out with a
Version 3 soon with an even bigger database.

http://www.willbell.com/software/megastar/index.htm

http://www.skyhound.com/cs.html

Jack