[AZ-Observing] SpectroPhotometry Meeting

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sac Forum <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 15:45:03 -0700

I would like to host what I hope will be the first of other annual
spectroscopy-photometry (spectrophotometry) meeting at Blue Hills
Observatory this summer or fall. I am still considering the format and
am open to suggestions from those who might be interested in attending.
Tentatively, I would like to allow for the possibility of presentations,
and if there are any I will give a short one myself on spectroscopy. I
have a long 36' kitchen-living room area that should be adequate for
this purpose. If there are any presentations a number of possibilities
exist for getting them 'published.'  For example I could post them on my
web site, or start a Yahoo discussion group specific to
spectrophotometry and this and future meetings and use the Files section
for that (i.e., publishing talks) purpose . However, if there are no
presentations, we can still talk shop.

I think it would be nice to have some kind of potluck. However, because
this is not a general star party there will probably not be a large
attendance and so a potluck may not work. Because of the subject matter
of this meeting an absolute moonless night is not necessary, although it
would be nice, but a near full moon is certainly out of the question.

If you are interested in attending, you can reply to me privately with
any suggestions you might have on format and time of the year. If there
is not much interest I will probably not go through with this. If you
are not familiar with Blue Hills Observatory, it is at 5200' ele. and is
in Dewey (now called Dewey-Humboldt) which is close to Prescott. See
http://users.commspeed.net/stanlep/Image_1.jpg
http://users.commspeed.net/stanlep/Image_4.jpg

My spectrometer, LHIRES III, and camera, ST-8XME are
http://users.commspeed.net/stanlep/Instruments.jpg
Stan