[AZ-Observing] Special Lecture by Chris Corbally, S.J.

  • From: Dan Heim <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 12:39:17 -0700

Fellow stargazers: I wanted to announce in advance a Special Lecture our
club will be hosting on Jan 16. Fr. Chris Corbally, S.J., of the Vatican
observatory will be speaking on the topic of Astronomy in China, the
ancient era, the European era, and the Modern era. He's a member of the
IAU and recently returned from a conference in Beijing. Details are map
available on our website at: http://www.dfacaz.org/events.html. Hope to
see some of you there. Happy holidays.
Dan Heim, President, Desert Foothills Astronomy Club