[AZ-Observing] Re: Speaker Needed

  • From: "Lucia Wheele" <nyclady@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 14:01:34 -0700

please remove me from your email list

nyclady@xxxxxxx

Lucia Wheele
luciawheele@xxxxxxxxx
602-686-0463
-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Bergeron
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:58 PM
To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AZ-Observing] Speaker Needed

Lori Rome, the Chief Interpretive Ranger at Capitol Reef National Park in
Utah (where I spent a very pleasant 5 weeks last year) is looking for "a
special speaker to share the wonders of the night sky in the southwest on
Friday Sept 6 as part of the Heritage Starfest in the county."

CARE is a friendly place and has some of the best scenery and darkest skies
I've ever seen. I know it's a fair haul from anyplace in AZ, but if one of
you would like to visit the area anyway, this would give you a good excuse
and opportunity. I know this will reach several people who are qualified to
put on the kind of high quality presentation Lori is looking for.

I'd offer myself, but transportation is an issue for me from NY.   :-)  If
interested you can reach Lori at lori_rome@xxxxxxx

Joe Bergeron

Fellow, International Association of Astronomical Artists

http://www.joebergeron.com