[AZ-Observing] Re: Spacefest in Mesa Continues Sunday

  • From: "Richard Harshaw" <rharshaw2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 06:35:32 -0700

I understand your drop in respect for people who charge for autographs.  But
some events do this as a way of making money to cover expenses, and little
(if any) of it goes to the one who gives the signature.  I don't know the
particulars here, but it may possibly be that the event was charging for the
autographs, and not the dignitaries themselves.

That being said, if the dignitaries were in fact charging for their
signatures, shame on them!

When Pablo Picasso died, they found millions of pesos still in his checking
account. He would pay for everything with a check, and of course, the check
bore his signature.  Those who received the checks would never cash them
because of that. Smart guy, old Pablo!

Dick H