[AZ-Observing] Re: Space Ship One wins X-prize

  • From: <rtejera@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:40:20 -0400

It IS the combustion chamber there is a hole bored through the =
propellant. The oxidizer, NO2 (essentially laughing gas) is fed to the =
chamber at the head of the chamber. I don't think the mix is hypergolic, =
but once lit, combustion is self sustaining. The oxidizer is in a =
cylindrical tank and is self pressurizing, eliminating the need for =
pumps to feed it into the combustion chamber.=20

Rick