[AZ-Observing] Re: Space Ship One wins X-prize

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 08:36:51 -0800

SpaceShipOne "...is powered by a hybrid rocket motor. The innovative
engine uses a solid, rubbery hydroxy-terminated polybutadiene propellant
and nitrous oxide laughing gas as the oxidizer." One news report I read
said the rubbery propellant is solid and is in a hollow tube. Does
anyone know how this is metered out into the combustion chamber?
Stan