[AZ-Observing] Re: Southwest Astrophysics Group Get Together

  • From: Jeff <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 10:01:26 -0700

Hi Wayne,
That would be great if you could attend. The plans are some
socializing and then an informal buffet type dinner followed by some
real time spectroscopy both low resolution with a Star Analyser on a
DSLR or maybe a DSI Pro CCD camera and high resolution with a Lhires
III on my 12" LX200 GPS. Once we get some spectra Stan has agreed to
help demonstrate the processing. While it may seem complex at first,
after doing a few spectra things become much easier. By far the
hardest part is the processing due to the software which is great, but
has a steep learning curve.

I look forward to seeing you on Saturday 11 June. Your friends are
most welcome too.

Jeff

Hopkins Phoenix Observatory
Counting Photons