[AZ-Observing] Southwest Astrophysics Group Get Together

  • From: Jeff <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 09:55:00 -0700

Southwest Astrophysics Group Get Together
While this meeting is aimed mainly at local people, everyone is
welcome no matter where you are located.

On Saturday 11 June 2011 the Southwest Astrophysics Group will have a
get together hosted by the Hopkins Phoenix Observatory. The theme of
the get together is spectroscopy, however any other astronomy related
topic is welcome. Festivities will commence around 4:00 PM MST with
dinner about 6:00 PM. A fried turkey will be provided along with soda
and wine. Other are requested to bring side dishes and deserts. If you
wish something different to drink, please bring it.

A Lhires III High Resolution spectrograph will be connected to the HPO
12" telescope and a Star Analyser will be set up with a DSLR Camera on
a tripod. If weather permits we will take some real-time spectra and
demonstrate the processing. If you have a spectrograph and have
questions or would like to show it, please bring it.

This is open to anyone who has an interest in these subjects. If you
plan to attend, please email me so I get an estimate for the food. If
you have any questions, please email me. The address of HPO is:

Hopkins Phoenix Observatory

7812 West Clayton Drive

Phoenix, AZ 85033-2439

For those arriving out of the area, there are several reasonably
priced motels close by. I can provide more information if needed.

Jeff

Hopkins Phoenix Observatory
Counting Photons
Phoenix, Arizona USA