[AZ-Observing] Southern Arizona Star Party?

  • From: John Teel <jcteel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 00:37:14 -0700 (PDT)

Speaking of star parties are there any big star parties in southern
Arizona other than the monthly star parties held by the Tucson
Astronomy Club?  Considering the observing here is supposed to be
some of the best in the US I would surely think there would be a big
star party here sometime.  The closest I know of is the Enchanted
Skies Star Party in Socorro NM, the Grand Canyon Star Party and maybe
the Texas Star Party but surely there is one closer. Nothing against
this Northern Arizona Star Party just thought there might be
something closer.

Thanks,
John Teel