[AZ-Observing] Re: Sort of On-Topic: Chiggers

  • From: "Peter Argenziano" <pargenz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 17:01:36 -0700

Some chigger info here:
http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2100.html

----- Original Message -----
From: <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Peter Argenziano" <pargenz@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 4:55 PM
Subject: [AZ-Observing] Re: Sort of On-Topic: Chiggers

I have a virtual "constellation" of bite sites from head to toe. They even
found the bald spot on the top of my head that I so deny that I have. I
practically took a bath in "Cutter w/ DEET" to no avail. A product called
"after bite" (which is actually just a mix of inert stuff and 3.5% ammonia)
has little to no effect on relief. 10% cortisone was little better.  I'd try
benidril if I didn't mind sleeping the rest of the day. I'm sure while we're
all commiserating over our misfortune, the "no seeums" are remembering with
fond recall the banquet they enjoyed this last weekend... (what spurious
little creatures they are!)

Jimmy Ray