[AZ-Observing] Re: Some thoughts on the AAMM

  • From: Brian Skiff <bas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:57:33 -0700 (MST)

>>  Jim Jackson, from Eugene, OR, got an SQM measurement of 21.59.

     ...which I think was reported as being taken at 5am (local time?
or was it 5h UT, i.e. 10pm local time?)

>>  At 00:50 I got a SQM  reading of 21.60

     Presumably local time, i.e. about 1am.  That would have been
the time when the sky would be darkest from having the galactic pole
overhead, around 13h sideral time.

     Either way, the numbers do indicate the site is fairly dark.

\Brian