[AZ-Observing] Re: Some results from New Moon trip

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 10:16:25 -0700

Steve,
If you bought an SBIG camera, you should try CCDOPS autoguiding. CCDOPS
comes free when you purchase a camera. I use it for spectroscopy and am
very happy with it. It is similar to MaximDl's autoguiding without
having to pay the $565, maybe even more now, to get the same
functionality as what CCDOPS has. I am sure MaximDl has more features in
its autoguiding, but CCDOPS works very nice for me. Now that Cyanogen
owns SBIG this free program may disappear in the future.
Stan