[AZ-Observing] Re: Some new Solar images with the new Lunt Scope

  • From: Skylook123@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 21:39:10 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for sharing your work, Chris.  Matches what I was watching this
morning in my LS60.  That filament in the last image was a shocker at  first;
it looked like a dark hair on the diagonal.  But at 106+F (125 on  the
concrete pad) down here in Marana, I just snatched gazes and got out of the
heat.
 I only got the scope to augment public star parties, but this is  doggone
fun.

Jim  O'Connor
South Rim Coordinator
Grand Canyon Star  Party
gcsp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In a message dated 9/4/2011 5:19:28 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
comets133@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi  all,

Here is a multi wavelength comparison of various solar  features taken
early this morning in between way too many clouds, and not so  great seeing.
What you will see here is that the Calcium image shows  many features that are
usually very difficult to see in conventional white  light shots, and many
brilliant chains of tiny points of light over the  images.  The Hydrogen
shots next to them show the magnetic field lines  better, and can reveal
Doppler shifts in features as  well:

http://www.schursastrophotography.com/solar/sol090411.html

Hope  you like this comparison.  This was First Light for the new Lunt
refractor!
Clear Skies,

Chris

Schur's Web Portal:  http://www.schursastrophotography.com