[AZ-Observing] Solar eclipse LIVE via NASA -- early a.m. August 1

  • From: gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, SAC-Forum <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, EVAC ONLINE <EVAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 22:08:58 -0700

Sorry to be a bit late with this message -- I just read it myself.
Earl Wilson from Owens Lake sent me this info:
Gene
(17250)

For those of you that like all night experiences or have insomnia - the
link below will
be of use to you.

NASA will be broadcasting the total solar eclipse on the NASA Channel on
TV.

But you have other InterNet alternatives:
http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEmono/TSE2008/TSE2008.html
You need to scroll to the very bottom of the above linked page.
There are now 7 links from Russia and China listed - 2 more than 3 days
ago.

For those of you that participated in the Mercury transit over the
InterNet,
remember that we had a hard time getting onto a site.
Hint: Link up early and don't leave the site.

Local Aug 1st 2008 - PDT times are: [MST is the same as PDT -- GL]
Starts - 0104
Max. Eclipse - 0321
Ends - 0538

Good browsing,