[AZ-Observing] Solar binos

  • From: Jeffmight@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 13:33:39 EST

I got my "Binomites" by Coronado delivered last Tuesday. Yes, it was me who
was at fault for all the rain last week but I had ordered them last November so
how was I to know? The 10 x 25 power dedicated solar binos give a bluish cast
to the sun. Though the 10x magnification is weak I didn't have any problem
picking up the large sunspot seen on the sun today and the lower magnification
makes locating the sun relatively easy. The binos fold up into a tiny space not
much bigger than a pack of cigarettes and work great for a quick look at the
sun.      Jeff Vandecar