[AZ-Observing] Re: Solar System Imaging (inexpensively)

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 17:28:20 -0400

Darrell Spencer wrote:

> The webcam approach is old hat by now, but still ranks as one of the
> quickest and cheapest ways to begin imaging celestial neighbors....

Darrell gives some good advice on webcams for Solar System imaging, but in
addition to "quickest and cheapest" we should add "best."  All of the good
planetary images are being taken by digital video cameras.  If that's your only
interest right now, there's no need to look at CCD cameras.

Next time you use the 1-meter telescope at Pic du Midi, be sure to bring your
Webcam so you can get pictures like these.

http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Board/Imaging/Number/4084483/page/1/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1

Tom