[AZ-Observing] Solar Surprise today!

  • From: Chris Schur <comets133@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Az-Observing List <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 14:38:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

The skies are thick with moisture up here in Payson, so I didnt expect much
from the sun today.  But I did catch in process a big flare in progress, and
along the limb some extraordinary prominences.   The seeing was not quite
optimal for using the 5x barlow on such a small aperture instrument, but with
the details I was seeing I gave it a try anyway:

http://www.schursastrophotography.com/solar/070311.html

If you have an Halpha solar scope, you might take a quick look and see if its
still there...
Clear Skies,

Chris

Schur's Web Portal: http://www.schursastrophotography.com