[AZ-Observing] Solar Activity in UV & Ha

  • From: "J. D MADDY" <maddy0485@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 13:29:21 -0700

Here's a comparison of the Sun in UV and Ha. Taken with Lunt 60mm CaK and Ha
telescopes. I picked up the CaK at the ASAE show in Tucson a few weeks ago. I
can actually "see" in UV now that I have had my cataracts removed.
The camera was almost lined up to show the different surface details side by
side.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59454099@N00/11357211216/

J D Maddy
Clarkdale, AZ