[AZ-Observing] Snow in Wickenburg

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Org, Az-Observing@Freelists." <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Anderson, Bill" <malachite@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2015 04:00:44 -0700

Howdy all;

I drove into the big city on Tuesday to have lunch with Bill Anderson
and AJ Crayon.  The first thing they said to me was "are you prepared
for snow?".  I said, "no, it has been nice and warm, I don't think I
will get any snow, maybe some rain".  Boy was I wrong.

It snowed for about 5 or 6 hours and it was cold enough to have it stick
for over a day after that.  Ya know how it is--pretty to look at and
miserable to walk through.  Fortunately, I had just topped off the
propane tank and there was some good football and a Dr. Who marathon on
TV.  So, I have been comfortable and entertained.

While I have the calendar right next to the computer.  I am planning on
getting to the Antennas site on Tuesday, Jan. 13 and pulling out on the
next Wednesday, Jan. 21.  Assuming the clouds will not dump more snow.

I hope to see you there, dress warm;
Steve Coe