[AZ-Observing] Smoke from California fires

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 20:48:52 -0700

A somewhat pensive thought;
I was just outside in Phoenix, Az. for a moment and noticed the crescent Moon
setting.  It was a dull red color from the smoke generated by the fires in
southern California.  I got to thinking how I would feel if I had 15 minutes to
gather up all I could of my loved ones and my life's belongings and get out of
the path of an all consuming conflagration.

Sometimes the mundane does intrude into a vision of the Universe.

A sobering thought, and I don't even drink much, anymore;
Steve Coe

Author "Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist"
Saguaro Astronomy Club website
www.saguaroastro.org