[AZ-Observing] Re: Slightly off topic, but somehow related to observing

  • From: "Rotramel, Rick \(AZ77\)" <rick.rotramel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 16:04:34 -0700

The 350 Watts is the "power capacity" of the inverter. The motor is only
drawing 4 Watts from the inverter.

The ~60mA in my inverter below is the current used in the oscillator and
the transformer inside the inverter.

Rick R.
SAC

Rick,

My inverter is 350 Watts, Can I guess that 12v/350Watts would =3D  about
34 Ma
for a total of draw of 80 Ma? =20

Thanks
Rick Tejera=20
=20
From: az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rotramel, Rick
=20
Yes, about 36mA AC. But you have to add the inverter current too.

Mine read about 100mA total with the motor, when running.

I've used a 16Ah battery for 3 nights in the past.=3D20

Rick R.
SAC
=20
not sure I'd know how to use it anyway. So, The motor is a 110v, 4 W C
motor. That is powered by a 12 volt battery through an inverter. Now I
looked up Ohm's law and found the Amps=3D3D Power/ Voltage. Given that I =
=3D
get
36.3 Ma. =20
I'm trying to figure out how small a battery I can get away with for a
two
nighter.

Thanks
Rick Tejera=3D20