[AZ-Observing] Sky Darkness at Lowell Star Party

  • From: "Ken Reeves" <kreeves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "AZ Observing" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:46:33 -0700

I'm contemplating the Lowell Star Party next week as opposed to the All
Arizona star part, which I truly enjoy except for the gnats/bugs during the
day.

However, I'm a little concerned since it is only 4 miles west of
Flagstaff/Mars hill that the light dome may be too bright.  Does anyone have
any comments on this or can someone give me a comparison to other observing
sites we use (Cherry, 5MM, All AZ, Flatiron...).

Thanks

Ken Reeves