[AZ-Observing] Siun in H-Alpha

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 21:00:21 -0700

Victor,
It appears you are into solar astronomy. I have seen some pretty
impressive images taken with telescopes around 100mm aperture in
H-Alpha. It makes me want to go out and buy one, but I am wondering what
one can do, except oogle and take pretty pictures. Is there anything of
a scientific nature that an amateur can do, other than submitting such
images to a database, if one exists, for the pros to look at?
Stan