[AZ-Observing] Re: Shuttle Re-entry Path?

  • From: "Tejera, Rick" <rtejera@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:25:09 -0500

Tom,

The closest I have found is the heavens above web site. It shows a pass
tommorow mornign around the time you mentioned. The time difference would
make sense due to adjusment for re-entry. I can't get the ground track to
load on my computer but the pass looks like it'll be low in the north. Mind
you that is the orbital path, Heavens Above not presuming re-entry. I'm sure
the actual path may change dramaticaly as it is adjusted to aim for the
Cape. If I remember, the last KSC landing was visible in the south from
Phoenix.

Rick Tejera
Editor SACnews
Saguaro Astronomy Club