[AZ-Observing] Sharpless 302 and Bochum 5 cluster

  • From: Chris Schur <comets133@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Az-Observing List <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 17:52:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
Well, my intent on this one was to get a short 15 minute exposure on the
cluster Bochum 5 to reveal any star colors in this bright but sparse object.  I
also captured some of the surrounding nebulosity, AKA the "Snowman Nebula" and
some very interesting blue reflection components that are quite comet shaped.
I think this one would be an excellent object to go back to now with the CCD
and some deep hydrogen filteration!

Enjoy this object:

http://www.schursastrophotography.com/xtiastro/sharpless302.html

Clear Skies,