[AZ-Observing] Re: Serendipity

  • From: ketelsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 07:53:46 -0700 (MST)

Hi Paul-
Observed a similar thing in reverse at the GCSP a couple months ago.  Io
was transiting - was mostly watching the shadow transit, disk was not
visible.  But as it aproached the edge, the limb darkening caused by
Jupiter's atmosphere suddenly made the disk of Io noticeable and we all
saw it before it hit the edge.  Also very cool!

-Dean