[AZ-Observing] Re: Sentinel was WET!! - Photos

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 19:12:49 -0700

Bill, your snapshots tell the dew story better than words.  Note the
green desert.

To the observers and observations I'll add my few cents.  Comet Machholz
was beautiful when viewed on the central meridian.  I observed it on
Friday and Saturday and the change in position was about one degree.  In
the 14.5 inch It sported a big 40' coma and a gradually brighter middle
with a stellar nucleus; sounds like a galaxy!  Dick Harshaw saw a
somewhat elongated nucleus.  The ion tail was about two degrees.

Saturday night Dick and I star hopped to Mayall II, aka M31-G1.
Wonderful view at 220X, the brightest globular cluster in the galaxy at
about 200 light years across, 2 million light years away!  Thanks Dick!

Now to finish drying out everything!

Clear skies,
aj