[AZ-Observing] Re: Sentinel (and Vekol) was WET!!

  • From: "Frank Kraljic" <FJKraljic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:16:45 -0700

Bernie Sanden, Tom Mozdzen and I setup about a mile south and west of the
main Vekol site Saturday night.  Shortly after astronomical twilight my
table, books and eyepieces had a fine layer of condensation--worse than
Friday night.  Although, similar to Friday, dew conditions improved close to
midnight and thereafter.  Like at Sentinel, we were also treated to good
seeing for the majority of the night allowing magnifications in excess over
400x, however a persistent breeze made fine details difficult to separate on
Saturn due to telescope jitter and slight undulations in the seeing.
Transparency was also an improvement over Friday.

-FRANK