[AZ-Observing] Re: Sentinel Saturday

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 13:43:06

At 01:39 PM 5/1/2005 -0700, AJ wrote:

>Only three of us turned up yesterday, Rich Walker, Andrew Goodwin and
>myself.  To say the least with a few clouds, it was one of the poorer
>observing nights, but at least we could observe.

Same story at Vekol.  Glenn Nishimoto, Jon Christensen, Jim Waters, and
Larry (?) with a 12" SCT showed up.

Thanks to Glenn's interest, we did take a look at Comet Tempel 1, which
will be impacted by the Deep Impact spacecraft in two months.  I guess I
didn't realize that it's only going to be 10th magnitude at that time, just
as it is now.  At 165x in the 10-inch, we could see some asymmetry to the
coma.

Tom